Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sarducci's Restaurant

Red bricks, paintings of lavender flowers and multiple fireplaces make Sarducci's Capistrano Depot Restaurant an ideal place to dine in and soak up the history of San Juan Capistrano.

The restaurant is located next to the famous Los Rios Street where famous adobes and historical buildings line the streets along with pretty old houses.

But amidst the pretty scenery, Sarducci's holds a well-known secrete.

It is haunted.

Andres has been a waiter at Sarducci's for nine years and has heard footsteps making their way down the walkway area towards the bathrooms (pictured directly above).

"At first it bothered me," Andres said. "But (the footsteps) are non-threating and I don't feel anything bad when I hear them."

Before becoming a restaurant, the building (built in 1894) was a part of a train station. In the 1930s it was converted into Sarducci's and two extra rooms (a dining area and walkway) were added to make the place bigger.

"In the patio area, there was an Indian burial ground," Andres said. "I don't get a vibe out there so it doesn't scare me. If it did, I wouldn't be here."

Andre doesn't know who is haunting the building, but does say that he doesn't think much of it.

"I'm used to the footsteps now," Andres said. "If it really bothered me, I wouldn't be here."

*No last name provided.

1 comment:

  1. I think the ghost took over his body in that interview. LOL.

    ReplyDelete