Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ghosts at the Torrance Courthouse


While down in the basement where the jail cells are at the Torrance Courthouse, The Man* could hear people talking.

"It sounded like a newscaster (coming) from the radios we have," The Man said. "But when I checked, all the radios were off."

Following the voices, he entered into an empty jail cell where he could hear voices coming from the toilet area.

"I thought it was coming from upstairs," The Man said. "But then I realized that the walls were 18-inches thick."

As The Man walked towards the whispers, the voices, which were coming directly from the toilet, traveled to his right ear, making his hair "stand up".

'It gave me the creeps but it hasn't just happened to me," The Man said.

Risa Hagihara, a secretary working at the courthouse heard someone laughing while she was down in the basement filing paperwork alone.

"From the other end of the hall I heard someone chuckle," Hagihara said. "And usually in the basement things echo, but this didn't. It sounded centralized."

Although this event didn't scare her, it did make her wonder if the basement was haunted.

As a believer in ghosts, The Man decided to not let them bother him.

"I tell them, 'hey guys I'm here. I'm not going to bother you'," The Man said. "It spooks me 'cause I know what to expect. But I don't think I could handle it if something touched me. I'd run out screaming."

*Anonymous

2 comments: